Shadowgrounds Survivor seemed to have fairly good reviews and being a sequel with additional classes, I thought it would be even more fun than the original. From a game design perspective, additional classes means being able to truly draft levels and gameplay to suit a variety of players and that means that you can experiment more with the gameplay and create even more interesting game modes and situations.
What I liked:
- Overall still fun like Shadowgrounds Survivor
- Weapons are balanced and feel right as do their new abilities.
- RPG upgrade system balanced.
- Shallow plot which doesn't even explain anything to new players.
- Grenades seem too slow for any tactical use
- Characters only have 1 special move - The developers could have easily added even more moves.
- Seems to lack any new enemies maybe even less than the original Shadowgrounds.
- No boss battles which Shadowgrounds had.
- Multiplayer needs better support - You can only play multiplayer on the same computer.
- Really short and needs more interesting level design
- Feels more like an expansion pack than a true sequel
- Ending isn't very exciting, just you defending a computer room from four directions
Overall, a hugely wasted opportunity to something better, bigger and even more explosive. I understand Frozenbyte is a small independent company, but I'm sure they could have done way better with just a little more thought.