Saturday 4 April 2009

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective

A little history, Strong Bad is a character on Homestar Runner which is a flash internet cartoon. If you visit the Homestar Runner website you'll be introduced the entire concept. It's quite flash heavy so watch out!

Anyway, Telltale games from Sam & Max fame partnered with Homestar Runner to deliver a brand new adventure series based around Strong Bad, one of the main characters in the universe.

I downloaded Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective from Telltale games online during one of their promotions and tried it out. The story involves Strong Bad making a spy movie.

Unfortunately I suspect much of the humour went over my head because:
  • I'm not a fan of spy movies
  • I'm not familiar with the Homestar Runner universe and the characters were sometimes playing as themselves and sometimes as characters in the spy movie.
As such I feel that I have to give it a thumbs down as a 'promotional' episode. I can forgive the fact that many of the spy jokes and references go over my head but the fact that that episode didn't properly allow newcomers to the Homestar Runner universe feel at ease with the characters and settings is a poor decision on the part of Telltale Games.

Unlike Sam and Max which I recently bought, I'm not sure if I want to spend my money on Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People series just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment